Can’t believe it’s been 4 years
Its time for a new adventure! So many things have happened since the last big ride 4 years ago: hip surgeries, soberity, tattoos, a grandson, Covid, and much more.
Background - early this year, I was thinking about taking a trip to celebrate a big achievement. I decided to book a 3-week motorcycle tour to Patagonia in January, 2021. About a week ago, I talked with the tour owner and based on the current situation, I changed my booking to a backroads adventure in Colorado. I also decided to ride out to Colorado and meet the group rather than flying. I felt this was the best approach because:
- I would save $800 in fees by using my own bike vs. rental
- I would get to ride Lucinda during the tour
- Most importantly, I could add time on, before and after, the tour for my own unstructured adventures
Thus, I will be leaving two weeks before the official tour start, to carve out my own little route from Michigan to Grand Junction, CO. I’m very confident that the route will not involve a straight line from here to there. As usual, I will do a lot of trip planning, but very little route planning 😋.
Comments
Post a Comment