Hot Springs, AK to Eureka Springs, AK - around 200 beautiful miles
This was probably the best day of the trip so far. Wonderful ride through Ozark National Forest and Quacghita National Forest. The roads were curvy but not too technical so you could actually enjoy the scenery instead of riding off the side of a mountain. I did have a close call coming down a mountain and taking a curve a little too fast and a little too wide. Would not have been a big deal except there was a semi coming up the hill..
Why I’m in Arkansas is an interesting story. Last May, I was on-line looking for riding jeans. When I ride McQueen (Lucinda’s little brother, a Triumph Bobber) I wear jeans and I wanted a pair with some protection and Kevlar lining. Whenever you go on-line, you are being tracked (what web site, what are you viewing, etc). While browsing for the jeans, an ad popped up about motorcycling in Arkansas. I requested a brochure and learned that the state attracts many bikers because of the scenery and great riding routes. So I decided to include Arkansas in my trip. I’m definitely coming back, there are literally dozens of great rides in the state. This morning, I stopped at a lookout point to take pictures. Talked to this couple who told me to go to Eureka Springs, what hotel to stay at, the best bbq place, and where to ride the next day. How cool is that?
Eureka Springs is known for its natural springs and preserved Victorian buildings. The downtown has some interesting shops and some balconies which remind me of NOLA. There are lots of things in the area to do, including many outdoor activities.
Tomorrow - another AK route that I pre-planned and then head west!
Ok, now a few pics:


Comments
Post a Comment