Random thoughts and Picts + El Reno, OK to Clayton, NM

A few more thoughts and pics from the last few days. Various State smells: Alabama smells earthy, soil is reddish like Georgia. Mississippi smells like cotton and bayou. As I said before, I think cotton smells like burnt plastic. And unfortunately, many parts of Arkansas do smell like pig shit. 

At the beginning of Arkansas, both sides of many roads are covered in yellow wild flowers - almost like a carpet at times:


Another interesting thing about Arkansas, is some of the retail shops in the state:


Your choices are: espresso, glock, latte, or ruger. And finally, (and yet again only in Arkansas):


I’m not trying to pick on Arkansas, my reporting is totally impartial. I really do like Arkansas and plan to go back as soon as I can!

The ride from El Reno, OK to Clayton, NW  (352 miles) was terrible. Really bad wind the entire way. The only worse time with wind, was a ride through North Dakota. Wind was 24-40 mph, plus the trucks blowing by me...My goal was to make it to Santa Fe.  I finally decided to stop, just couldn’t ride anymore. Also, for most of the 350 miles, there was absolutely nothing to see. Grassland to the horizon. Only other things in sight were drilling wells and windmill farms (duh).




Comments