Salida, CO to Crested Butte, CO - about 100 miles
Wonderful ride on a great road, including Monarch Pass (11312 ft).
Ride went through lots of Aspen trees some of which (at higher altitudes) were already dropping leaves.
Crested Butte is a ski town north of Gunnison, CO. I stayed in Gunnison on my last trip and may have even rode over Monarch Pass during the trip.
I distinctly remember Gunnison because of the Lama-man:
Crested Butte is a cute little town situated in a beautiful valley. Mountains surrounding it, some very steep, some more gradual and covered with aspen turning colors.
You know you are in a ski town in Colorado when an ice cream cone costs $9.38!
We stayed at a hotel up near the ski lifts, so the view was great:
Im getting increasingly worried about the numbness in my right hand. Starts after about 30 minutes of riding and gets to the point where I can’t feel 2 or 3 fingers. I’m trying out what is called a Cramp Buster (the wrist band brace I bought yesterday didn’t work very well). It’s a plastic device you attach to your handlebar grip and it allows your to rest your wrist on the device. If that doesn’t work, I plan to not ride for two days when we arrive in Telluride, CO. I was planning on hiking anyway, so no big deal if I don’t ride. If the problem continues then I’m in big trouble. I can finish the tour riding in the support truck (it is pulling a trailer, with 3 spare bikes and has room for another).
Hopefully, ice will Tonight!













Comments
Post a Comment