Moab, UT to Denver area - 329 miles

 Long day, last day of the tour.

Departed Moab and took route 128 along the Colorado River, which is one of my favorite rides around Moab.



I’ll post some more pictures of this route when I get home. Having difficulty moving pictures from my camera to iPad. 

Fairly short ride and when we arrived at Fruita, the starting place of the tour, I decided to begin my journey home rather than stay overnight and leave in the morning.  I decided to “pack” which meant jamming everything into my 3 cases, no load balancing,  and throw away/leave for others anything I didn’t want. This was the stuff I left there at the beginning of the tour.  Some people were staying for a dinner and others were leaving, so there was no obligation to stay overnight. Itchy to get going. 

The ride to Denver area was very draining. Windy, construction, tunnels, high passes/long descents  (which are fun when you are not tired, but difficult when you have no energy). 

At this point, I’m planning to take interstate 36 from Denver to Indianapolis then go north via 69  through Ft. Wayne and then decide to blast it in on 94 or take US 12 or 60 to Jackson and then jump on 94. Thought about a stop in Chicago to see Molly, Tom, and Charlie, but I really don’t want to drive Lucinda in the city. Plus, a month is enough time on the road.

Comments