Telluride - another relaxing day off the bike
Beautiful day to hike. Left the hotel, temperature was about 35 degrees. Found a trail that followed the river, so on one side of me was mountains and the other side was river and a flood plain. Both going out and returning, the views changed as I went around a bend in the trail.
The trail was relatively “quiet”, some people were on it in town, but after that, I ran into hardly anyone. Probably encountered less than 10 mountain bikers and all were very polite and let me know if they were coming up on me from behind. Speaking of mountain bikes, I saw some out here which probably cost more than my car. The current technology trend is huge tires (some the same size as Lucinda’s tires), dual disk brakes front and back, more oblong frame pieces, and big gearing options. I would be quite retro out here riding my 1981 Specialized Rock Hopper which weighs about 60 pounds.
One thing about Colorado, there are dogs everywhere. They are out walking, in restaurants, on the trails, and in the gondolas. Very cool!
Turned around after about an hour and a half and headed for town:
The box end of the canyon started to become well defined as the sun burned off the mist.
Ate lunch on the street, including ice cream. Sat on a bench people-watching and listening to a musician play alto and soprano saxophones. Like yesterday, not a bad day at all. Off to dinner with the group. We leave for Moab in the morning. Kinda a Ground Hog day moment, I was there last week.








Comments
Post a Comment